Director of MKC Group of Companies
- President of the Russian Distributed Power Generation Association
- Member of the General Council of the all Russia public organization Business Russia
- Business ambassador of the Business Russia to the United Arab Emirates
- Chairman of the Subcommittee on Distributed Power Generation of Business Russia
- Director of the Business Russia Trade House in the UAE
- Organizer of the Distributed Power Generation — Great Achievements International Award
Born on June 8, 1973 in the city of Tashkent.
1996 — graduated from the Aerospace faculty of the South Ural State University in Chelyabinsk.
2002 — developed and put into production the reagentless magnetic water treatment unit during postgraduate study in the Tomsk Polytechnic University (Nuclear and Thermal Power Stations department). The device was implemented at 28 enterprises in Russia and in the United Arab Emirates.
2009 — established MKC Group of Companies — the engineering enterprise focusing on turnkey power objects construction. The company designs, builds and operates gas genset power plants (mini thermal power plant). Today it is one of the industry leaders in Russia. In 18 years, the company has constructed over 57 mini-MPP's in seven regions of the Russian Federation and also abroad. Today the total capacity of the implemented energy projects is 279 MW. The company has the representative offices in 7 cities of Russia and abroad: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Chelyabinsk, Samara, Dubai (UAE), Munich (Germany), Nur-Sultan (Kazakhstan), having rightfully secured the status of an industrial corporation of federal importance.
Aiming to build up a constructive dialogue with all interested parties and a balanced development of the distributed power generation market Maksim Zagornov establishes a non-profit union, Distributed Power Generation Association. Today, the Association unites the potential of the leading enterprises and organizations of the country: power equipment manufacturers, network, generating and marketing companies, fuel resources suppliers, design and installation organizations, as well as investors, representatives of financial institutions, regional and federal authorities and of the business community.
Maksim Zagornov constantly interacts with representatives of public authorities. In 2015 he entered the Advisory council of the Russian State Duma Committee on economic policy, innovative development and business. On a voluntary basis he became the assistant of the First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Energy Committee Sergey Yesyakov. He takes an active part in this committee work, advances with the legislative initiatives, including the corrections draft to Federal Law No. 35-FZ On Power Industry and the sentence to legislatively fix the concept «the distributed and small-scale generation object».
Maksim Zagornov also works actively within the framework of public business associations. He is a member of the General Council of the all Russia Public Organization Business Russia, Business Ambassador of the organization to the United Arab Emirates. A number of initiatives on development of industry regulations, interaction with monopolies and supervisory bodies were adopted by the President of Business Russia A. Repik and communicated in the form of proposals to the Government of the Russian Federation. In 2019, the initiative group led by Maksim Zagornov gave a negative expert assessment of the draft law on a fee introduction for reserved electric power, thus freezing the acceptation of the disputed initiative. In April 2020 he was appointed to the position of Chairman of the Subcommittee on Distributed Power Generation of the Business Russia’s Energy Committee.
In order to stimulate the development of the distributed power generation industry, intensify interregional and international cooperation, in 2013 Maksim Zagornov established the Distributed Power Generation – Great Achievements International Award. Today it is the unique award, given to companies and organizations, that achieved significant goals in the sector of distributed power generation and alternative energy in Russia and abroad. The project is implemented with the support of the Energy Committee of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation and the All Russia public organization Business Russia.
Throughout his professional and social activities Maksim Zagornov was repeatedly awarded certificates and letters of gratitude from the Energy Committee of the State Duma of the Russian Federation, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, All Russia public organization Business Russia, Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, Government of the Chelyabinsk region. In 2011 he became the winner in the Startup of the Year nomination of the annual Results of the Year of the Urals and Siberia Award. In 2014 he was awarded the golden NB mark for his contribution to the development of strategic business directions, for his actions that positively change the business environment. In 2014 he became the winner in the Strategy of the Year nomination of the annual Results of the Year of the Urals and Siberia Award. In 2016 according to the public vote results, he won the first online Man of the Year Award in the Businessman of the Year nomination.
In 2019 Maksim Zagornov received the gratitude from the Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation Alexander Novak for his great personal contribution to the development of the fuel and energy complex of the Russian Federation, from the Chairman of Business Russia A. Repik for his contribution to the development of cooperation with the Gulf countries. He became a finalist of the All-Russian contest People of Business in the Industry Driver nomination (2nd place), winner of the International Award named after Sergei Vitte for the Outstanding Contribution to the Development of the National Market of Distributed Power Generation and Energy-Efficient Construction.
He is one of the recognized experts of the distributed power generation industry in Russia, the analytical materials speaker for Expert, Turbines and Diesels journals, Kommersant, Argumenty i Fakty, Komsomolskaya Pravda, Power and Industry of Russia and other editions.
Married. Raises a daughter and a son.
Kovchik Irina Yakovlevna
- Graduate of Rudnensky Industrial Institute with a degree "Civil Engineer-Technologist" and Kostanay University of Engineering and Economics with a degree in "Accounting and Audit"
- Holder of the international CAP qualification "Certified accountant-practitioner" (Financial accounting; Management accounting; Taxes and Law)
- Completed certified training programs: "Accounting of taxes and their reporting in financial statements" (PriceWaterHouseCoopers); "International Financial Accounting Practices I" (Professional Education Center); "Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Taxes and Law" based on International Financial Reporting Standards (Institute of Professional Accountants and Auditors); "All about VAT. Taxation of income of non-resident legal entities. The practice of applying IFRS" (Training Center "School of Accountants")
Deputy Director for Development
- Vice president of the Russian Distributed Power Generation Association
- Public council secretary at the Ministry of Economic Development of the Chelyabinsk region
- Graduated from the Financial Management faculty of Synergy financial and industrial university, Moscow
- Graduated from the Law faculty of the South Ural State University
- Graduated from the International Business faculty of the Tomsk State University
- Initiator of the annual charitable Energy of Kindness marathon at correctional boarding school No. 9 of Chelyabinsk
Deputy director of MKC Group of Companies on commercial affairs
- Graduated from the Instrumentation Engineering Faculty of the South Ural State University on Operation and informatics in technical systems
- Graduated from the Higher School of Business of the South Ural State University
- Underwent the certified training in the following programs: Information Technologies in Business, Telephone Negotiations, Focus on Sales, Effective Negotiations, Complex Transport decisions, Allison transmission, Automatic Transmissions Allison, Principled Negotiations, Training Electric Power Sales Professional, Training Caterpillar Sales Professional, Training Caterpillar CG series, Training Caterpillar Gas Compression engines, Training Caterpillar Gas and Diesel engines, etc.